The Herald-Leader Classifieds Online are updated daily.
To place an ad, please click here
All online classifieds will also appear in our print edition every Wednesday.
• Sunny Dale Service Center
JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR
COMPANION SITTER or
LIFE SKILL TECH LIFE
Part-time position requiring a flexible schedule assisting individuals in meeting their daily personal needs including but not limited to personal hygiene, grooming, cooking, housekeeping, shopping, recreation/leisure, community integration, etc. Must be a people person with the ability to follow directions and the ability to write, document and maintain consumers' records. Applicant must possess a valid Georgia driver's license, high school diploma or GED, be able to pass a drug screen, criminal background check and required to obtain a physical exam and TB skin test at your expense.
Sunny Dale Service Center
611 Lax Highway, Ocilla, Georgia
Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m.
Sunny Dale Service Center is an equal opportunity employer and receives funding from the
Georgia Department of Human Resources.12/21
• HELP WANTED
Seasonal Full-Time and Part-Time
Computer skills and tax knowledge preferred, but not required.
Apply in person at
located in the Village Shopping Center
• $179,500 - Completely Renovated Home Hardwood floor and ceramic tile throughout. Granite countertops in kitchen, laundry, and bathrooms. Home is 2085 sq ft with additional large, climate controlled utility building. Fenced in backyard.
1202 W Roanoke Dr Extension Fitzgerald.
For more information call 229-425-230912/7
• Recreation Director Position
There is a position available in the Turner County Government for a Recreation Director. The person in this position will be responsible for directing the county’s parks and recreation programs. Desired qualifications are to include knowledge of city/county recreation program management principles, knowledge of sports rules and policies, knowledge of building and ground maintenance, knowledge of county budgeting policies, skill in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the work of personnel and other related duties.
Applications may be obtained from the Commissioners’ Office at 208 East College Avenue, Ashburn, Georgia 31714 between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes are required. Application deadline is November 21, 2016.
Turner County does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, or any other class or status protected by law. Turner County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.11/23
• Dorminy Medical Center - Fitzgerald, GA
2 Registered Nurses – Full-time 7p7a - Med/Surg
1 Registered Nurse – Full-time 7a7p - Med/Surg
1 Registered Nurse – Full-time 7p7a - OB/LD/Nursery – 2 years OB Experience – Triage, Labor/Delivery/Postpartum, Transition Newborn Care and Mother-Baby experience
Ultra Sound Technologist – PRN (as needed) with call ARRT or Registry eligible
Physical Therapy Assistant – PRN (as needed) Associate of Science in Physical Therapy Assistance with current GA License
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant – PRN (as needed) - Graduate of an Accredited Occupational Therapy Assistance Program – Current COTA GA License required
Medical Technologist – PRN (as needed) – Weekends, Nights any shift – Degree in Medical Technologist – Registered MT or Eligible and must pass Registry within 6 months of hire
Excellent benefit package includes health, dental, life and retirement.
Send resume to Denise Steverson,
Director Human Resources, PO Box 1447, Fitzgerald, GA 31750, or call 229-424-7135 or fax resume to 229-424-7281.11/23
Dorminy Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-free Workplace.
• Join the Team - Fitzgerald High School
Army Instructor (JROTC)
Effective: December 1, 2016
Overview: The JROTC-Army Instructor will adhere to functions and responsibilities specified in Section 4-12 of Army Cadet Command Regulations 145-2, which includes but is not limited to: 1) Teaching the JROTC curriculum;
2) Establishing procedures relating to the administration, control, and training of JROTC cadets; 3) Managing and conducting the JROTC unit; 4) Maintaining good relations with school authorities, faculty, and the student body;
5) Conducting a public affairs program in the local area among school and community officials, civic groups, parent-teacher groups, and other individuals or groups, designated to further the understanding of JROTC, the school, and the Army.
• Retired Army Commissioned Officer or Warrant Officer
• Retired from active duty within the past three (3) years
• Certified by United States Army Cadet Command
Salary: Per United States Army Regulations
Terms of Employment: • 230 days of 2016-2017 school year
Application Requirements: Submit a "Certified" On-Line Application to www.ben-hill.k12.ga.us
Application Deadline: November 22, 2016 or until position
The Ben Hill County Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Ben Hill County School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.11/23
• DaLan Trucking, Inc. DRIVERS Needed
2 year CDL experience needed.
Late Model Equipment.
Average Annual Income - $40,000.00.
Paid Vacation. Holiday Pay.
Located in Fitzgerald.
200 Ocilla Highway (above Enviro-Log) or Call 423-4546tfn
• PruittHealth - Fitzgerald, 185 Bowen’s Mill Hwy., Fitzgerald, GA 31750
Hiring LPNs, 7 p - 7a
$1,000 sign on bonus.
Apply in person, no calls.
Drug screen and background check required for employment – done on site. EOEt
• Job Opening, McCleskey Mills/Doster Warehouse, Rochelle, Georgia
Job Title: Shift Supervisor
Department: Shelling Plant, Rochelle, Georgia
Reports to: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recommend improvement to current product methods, equipment and processes,
• Confers with management on training needs of production personnel.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Interprets specifications and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
• Maintains time and production records.
• Ensures production and quality of products meets specifications.
• Works with Plant Manager to review new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications
with other department managers.
• Works with Plant Manager to review production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types,
quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department
• Directs training and instruction of workers to improve work performance and familiarize workers with company
policies and procedures.
• Conducts employee performance evaluations.
• Unless otherwise stated, the duties and responsibilities set forth in each category below, i.e. supervisory,
qualifications, language skills, mathematical skills, reasoning ability, physical activities and ability to perform in
the work environment described, are essential for the performance of this position.
• Must follow safe work practices and comply with all company, federal and state rules and regulations which
apply to job, including but not limited to, Right to Know, emergency evacuation, electrical safety, confined
space, contractor compliance, blood borne pathogens, and lock out/tag out (LOTO).
• All associates are directly responsible for the Quality of McCleskey Mills products. Each employee must
perform their job function in accordance to the GMP Rules and the Sanitation, Safety and HACCP Programs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or
hear; and taste or smell. The employees will frequently lift 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to
50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All employees are directly responsible for the Quality of McCleskey Mills products. Each employee must
perform their job function in accordance to the GMP Rules and the Sanitation, Safety and HACCP Programs
• Special projects may require a departure from or addition to regular duties.
If interested in applying for this position, apply in person at McCleskey Mills/Doster Warehouse, 933 Ashley Street, Rochelle, Georgia between the hours of 7AM until 5PM.
Ask for James Graham, Plant Manager11/23
• HOUSE FOR SALE
223 Lobingier Ave., Fitzgerald
Selling Price: $225,000
2,159 sq. ft. living area, 3-BR,
3-bath, 10 acres, large garden area, deep well w/sprinkler system,
60+ pecan trees and barn w/sheds. Contact 229-423-24339/
• Tender Care - "Caring Makes a Difference"
Personal Care Assistants and Certified Nursing Assistants
Free CPR and First Aid Training. We Offer Excellent Pay and Paid
Vacation Days. Tender Care Inc. is an EEO and Drug Free Work Place. Must
Have Clear Background Check and MVR.
Please apply online at www.tendercare-inc.com or in person at 501 West Ward Street, Douglas, GA 800-375-51858/3
• Washington Avenue Apartments, 183 Washington Ave.•423-7608
MOVE IN SPECIAL
1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments For Lease
Designed to house families & disabled households as well as single people
First Month's Rent $99.00 mo. See Manager for complete details. $1 Security Deposit. All Units Equipped With: • Total Electric
• Central Heat & Air
• Mini Blinds
• Pest Control
• Garbage PIckup On Site
• 2 Bedroom Apartment have Washer & Dryer Hookups
A central laundry facility is located on site for convenience to the residents.
Applications located outside the office. Pick up one today.
Office Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 2-6 p.m.
This institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider • Jennifer Thomas, Site Managertfn
• LAND FOR SALE, 65 Acres located 5 miles north of Fitzgerald, GA on Hwy. 129, borders Otter Creek and has frontage on Hwy. 129N. All in planted pines ranging from 12 to 38 years old. Excellent deer, turkey and hog hunting. Asking $3,200 per acre. Call 229-457-2743.10/2
• 2013 Gator 49cc Scooter, $700. Call 229-423-9361. 10/7
• Lots and acreage for sale call 229-345-1244. 10/7
• Gold's Gym treadmill with incline. $250. Call 229-457-5926. 10/7
• Building and lot for sale at 315 East Central Ave. Property is approximately 120ftx120ft. Currently rented. Appraised for $75K. Accepting offers. Call John Boney, 904-662-2424 9/23
• HOME FOR SALE
3 bedroom, 2100 sq ft, living room, den, dining room, storage bldg in back, c/h/a $67,000. Call 423-9932.9/3
• Welcome to McKinley Lane Apartments, 283 Irwinville Highway, Fitzgerald, Georgia 31750
For additional information call (229) 423-3319, Rebecca Spires, Site Manager
For maintenance emergencies: Call Boyd Management at (803) 788-3800
Applications accepted at the site office Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30pm
All other times I can be reached at Mulberry Court Apartments, located at 154 W. Jack Allen Road at 229-424-9788
1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments - Family Housing - Limited Rental Assistance is Available for Qualified Applicants
Apartments are equipped with the following amenities: * Refrigerator * Stove * Central heat & a/c
* Washer/Dryer hookups * Mini-blinds * Outside storage rooms
ACCESSIBLE UNITS, TDD RELAY # 1-800-255-0056, REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
“This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer” INCOME LIMIT RESTRICTIONS APPLY
HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHERS ACCEPTED. "This institution is an equal
opportunity provider and employer. If you wish to file a Civil Rights
program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program
Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at
http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA
office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a
letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send
your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department
of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence
Avenue., S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or
email at email@example.com."7/15
• Welcome To Mulberry Court Apartments, 154 W Jack Allen Rd, Fitzgerald, Ga 31750, Phone: (229) 424-9788
Rebecca Spires, Site Manager, For Maintenance Emergencies: Call Boyd Management at (803) 788-3800
Housing for older persons requiring that all members of the household be
age 18 or older with the tenant or cotenant age 55 or older.
Applications Accepted At The Site Office Tuesday and Thursday, 8
1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments
Elderly Housing for Households Consisting of One Member Age 55 And Other Members 18 and Older
Accessible Units, Certain Income Restrictions May Apply, TDD RELAY #1-800-255-0056
Housing Choice Vouchers Accepted
"The Fair Housing Act prohibits
discrimination in real estate related transactions, or in the terms of
conditional of such a transaction, race, color, religion, sex,
disability, familial status, or national origin. The Federal agency that
is responsible for enforcing this law is the U.S. Department of Housing
and Urban Development. If a person believes that they have been
in violation of this law, they should contact the U.S. Department of
Housing and Urban Development, Washington, DC 20410 or call (800)
• HOME FOR SALE - 3 BR 2 BA brick home on 2+ acres Lynn Dr. Completely
renovated Master Bath. Freshly painted interior. Hardwood floors,
plantation shutters and crown molding throughout. $148,000. 478-290-1774 9/30
• FOR RENT - Affordable 2- & 3-BR Apartments Income Based/Section 8 Accepted - Colony Square Apartments, 808 N. Merrimac Drive, Fitzgerald 423-2647 or 457-1314, Office Hours: Monday-Friday
10 a.m.-4 p.m., Nita Sumner - Residental Manager, "The USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
To file a complaint of Discrimination write: USDA Director, Office of Civil Rights Room 326-W Whiten Building
1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5694 (TDD & voice)
In accordance with Federal Law and US Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)2/4
• NOW LEASING - MEADOW RUN APARTMENTS
• Energy Efficient • Handicap Units Available
• Appliances included • Central Heat/Air
• Washer/Dryer Connections • Income Restrictions Apply
Applications are available at our office or you can call (229) 423-9660
Apartment is for 62 years of age or older, handicap regardless of age.
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer."
"If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. , Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org."
197 Perry House Road, Fitzgerald, GA. 317502/4
• Beautiful Like New Home - Only $65,000 – 503 E. Alapaha St, Fitzgerald. 3 full bedrooms, 2 baths,
1242 sq. ft., Built in 2002, 0.44 acres. For Details and Pictures www.farmhandrealty.com9/30
• Beautifully landscaped 3-BR, 2.5 bath, bonus room, L/R w/fireplace with gas logs, formal D/R, sun room, eat-in kitchen, walk-in laundry room, covered patio w/adjoining open deck, fenced back yard, alarm system, in ground sprinkler system, new roof, new central H/AC, all appliances. 116 Camelot Ct., Fitzgerald. 229-423-0033 9/30
Pride Lift Chair Good condition. Asking $200. Call (229)831-2895 between 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
For Sale: Wooden doors $10.00 per door. Real nice.