The Herald-Leader Classifieds Online are updated daily.
To place an ad, please click here
All online classifieds will also appear in our print edition every Wednesday.
• Fitzgerald Police Department will be accepting applications for the position of Police Officer through October 9, 2015. Georgia P.O.S.T. certified officers preferred. Applicants: Must be 21 years of age or older
Must have high school diploma or GED
Must be willing to complete a background check including drivers history and criminal history.
Must submit to psychological screening and polygraph exam.If not P.O.S.T. certified, must pass entrance exam. Job will be a full time position and will require shift work. Applicants can acquire and return applications at the Fitzgerald Police Department, 255 Appomattox Road. The Fitzgerald Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer10/7
• Covered Wagon Trailers is seeking experienced welders and a purchasing assistant
Pay will be based upon experience.
Please apply in person M-F between 9a - 4p at 144 Stuart Way, Fitzgerald GA 3175010/7
• Century 21 Smith Branch & Pope, LLC, 802 S. Grant St. , Fitzgerald, GA, 229-423-2100, 1814 Hwy. 41, Tifton
2457 Hwy. 300, Cordele, century21sbp.com. MUST SEE! Need space? This spacious home sits on 4.04 acres with huge oak tree in the front yard and a 36x40 shop in the back. $189,900. 141 St. Marks Rd.
Fitzgerald, GA. Call Wendy Story at 229-425-3817 for private showing.9/30
DaLan Trucking, Inc. - Over The Road Driver and Local Driver Needed
Looking for CDL driver to do some local work and short haul. Also be able to assist with flatbed, tanker and dry van loading and unloading procedures. 2 year CDL experience needed. Late Model Equipment. Paid Vacation. Holiday Pay. Located in Fitzgerald. Come by 200 Ocilla Highway (above Enviro-Log) or Call 423-454610/21
• Receptionist/Clerical - Ben Hill County Schools - Transportation Department. Effective: Immediately
Overview: The receptionist/office clerk assists in providing a safe, well-organized, and efficient transportation service for students in the school district.
• Prior experience desirable
• Associate degree or office technical certificate preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Access, Excel, Desktop Publishing, Database Management
• Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
Salary: Based on Experience and Clerical Salary Schedule
Terms of Employment: • 220 days • Clear background check
Application Requirements: Submit a "Classified" application at www.ben-hill.k12.ga.us
Contact: Ms. Nancy P. Whidden, Superintendent, Ben Hill County Schools, 509 West Palm Street, Fitzgerald, Georgia 31750, (229)409-5500
Application Deadline: September 25, 2015 or until position is filled
The Ben Hill County Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Ben Hill County School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.9/30
• 2013 Gator 49cc Scooter, $700. Call 229-423-9361. 10/7
• Lots and acreage for sale call 229-345-1244. 10/7
• Gold's Gym treadmill with incline. $250. Call 229-457-5926. 10/7
• Office Position:
Person with experience with processing Human Resource forms and processing payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Also, with experience with shipping (bill of ladens) and contacting truck brokers and/or truck lines for shipments.
Please mail resumes to:
OFFICE JOB APPLICATIONS
P.O. BOX 100
Fitzgerald, GA 31750 9/23
• AMERICORPS VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America)
Full time position with Ben Hill County 4-H
Now Accepting Applications
Requirements: Some college
Term of Service: November 2015 to November 2016 (possibly renewable)
Benefits: Monthly living allowance of $973, plus end of service choice of $5,550 education award or $1,500 stipend; health coverage; annual and medical leave; training and professional experience
VISTA Skills Needed/Job Responsibilities: Public speaking, fund raising & grant writing, youth development, leadership, recruitment, general office, computers & technology, team work, education, writing & editing, communications, marketing.
Learn More about AmeriCorps VISTA:
Job Listings and Application (online applications only):
Contact: Jeri Lynn Gilleland, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 229-426-5175 9/30
• PruittHealth - Fitzgerald, 185 Bowen’s Mill Hwy., Fitzgerald, GA 31750, Hiring LPNs for day and night shift.
Apply in person, no calls. Drug screen and background check required for employment – done on site. EOEtfn
• Night Shift Machine Operator - Offers competitive pay and insurance. Send resume to Protein Plus, P.O. Box 100, Fitzgerald, Ga 31750 or drop off resume at Protein Plus, 129 Kingsborough Road, Fitzgerald, GA 31750 9/23
• NURSING OPPORTUNITIES
Georgia Correctional Healthcare has unique opportunities at Wilcox State Prison in Abbeville, GA, offering advanced technology and professional challenges to grow and develop your skills.
Requires GA license, a minimum of 2 years experience and current ACLS certification. All practitioners receive access to UpToDate, earning CMEs/CEUs while you work!
Requires GA nursing license, CPR certification and at least 1 year nursing experience. Ability to multi-task and work well in a changing environment a must.
APPLY NOW at www.gru.edu/jobs
As part of the Georgia Regents University, we offer excellent health and retirement benefits along with a generous holiday, sick leave and annual leave package.
Learn more by checking out our career video at www.gru.edu/gchc
AA/EOE/Equal Access/ADA Employer 9/23
• Modern Dispersions South, Inc. is looking for a full time Accounts Payable Clerk
This position is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payment of all invoices. This individual will coordinate with several internal/external departments to verify accuracy of invoice information.
• Process invoices for payment.
• Process weekly payments to suppliers.
• Maintain payable files, both physical and accounting database files.
• Process purchase orders for purchasing agents and update as needed.
• Generate reports required by various departments regarding payables information.
• Communicate with suppliers as needed.
• Provide backup for Receptionist.
• Run errands, including bank and post office runs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position requires completion of four years of high school or GED requirement. No specific license or certificates are required. Some college finance and accounting courses are desired. Valid driver's license required.
Proficiency in a variety of standard office computer software (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required. General ability to learn mainframe accounting software application screens as required.
Work hours Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm. We are willing to work around school schedule if needed.
This position does qualify for full benefits including Health, Dental, Life & AD&D Insurances, 401k, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Please apply by sending resume to: email@example.com 9/9
• CLASS A CDL VAN DRIVERS NEEDED. SE CARRIER/500 MILE RADIUS, NO TOUCH FREIGHT, DROP & HOOK, 24 HOUR DELIVERY, HOME WEEKENDS, .48 P/MILE & FULL PER DIEM PAY.
CALL 912-375-3366, EXT 311 OR VISIT WWW.OWACC.COM FOR APP. GROSS UP TO 1250.00 WEEKLY9/23
• Conger LP Gas is currently seeking a full-time Service Tech for our Tifton and Sylvester locations who is looking to grow with a strong company that is doing business in over 28 counties in south Georgia
• Great people skills. Must enjoy dealing with customers and fellow associates.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Possess a valid Georgia driver's license or a Class B CDL with hazmat and
tanker endorsement, and provide a three year MVR. If applicant does not
possess at least a Class B CDL, must be able to complete requirements and
obtain Class B CDL with above mentioned endorsements within 90 days.
Must also be able to complete health requirements needed to obtain a
medical certification card within 90 days.
• Have a background in electronics. Additionally, experience in working with propane gas is a plus, but not required.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and must be able to pass random drug and alcohol testing.
• Competitive pay based on experience and training.
• Medical insurance plan for employee, spouse, and dependents.
• Dental insurance available.
• Supplemental insurance plans available.
• Short-term disability policy
• Life insurance.
• 401K retirement plan with matching funds provided by company.
• Generous time off with pay including up to three weeks of vacation, sick pay, six (6) paid holidays, and jury duty.
• Overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours (1.5 times regular hourly rate).
• Company vehicle provided plus all necessary tools and equipment.
• Cell (smart) phone.
• Uniform shirts
• Covered by Workman's Comp insurance.
• Employee discounts on purchases from company.
• No overnight travel except for occasional training class.
• Employment with a solid company. Conger LP Gas, Inc. has been in business since July1, 1989.
Please send a current resume to: P.O. Box 7644, Tifton, GA 31793-7644, Attention: Service Tech Position
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org 9/2
• Building and lot for sale at 315 East Central Ave. Property is approximately 120ftx120ft. Currently rented. Appraised for $75K. Accepting offers. Call John Boney, 904-662-2424 9/23
• HOME FOR SALE
3 bedroom, 2100 sq ft, living room, den, dining room, storage bldg in back, c/h/a $67,000. Call 423-9932.9/30
• Tender Care "Caring Makes A Difference" - Personal Care Assistants and Certified Nursing Assistants
• Fitzgerald Area, LPN Position Available. Ideal candidate should possess 1 year clinical experience, exhibit strong clinical and have interpersonal skills.
Data Entry Position - Skills: 2-3 years clerical experience in office environment. Professional phone etiquette and prompt routing of calls. Accurate data entry skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to interface with all levels of management. Good verbal, reading and communication skills. Must be confidential and organized. Detail orientation a must. Must be punctual with an excellent attendance record and display pleasant and cooperative attitude.
Data Entry Position - Free CPR and First Aid Training. We Offer Excellent Pay. Paid Vacation Days and Medical Insurance. Tender Care Inc. is an EEO and Drug Free Work Place. Must Have Clear Background Check and MVR. Please apply online at www.tendercare-inc.com8/12
• Welcome to McKinley Lane Apartments, 283 Irwinville Highway, Fitzgerald, Georgia 31750
For additional information call (229) 423-3319, Rebecca Spires, Site Manager
For maintenance emergencies: Call Boyd Management at (803) 788-3800
Applications accepted at the site office Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30pm
All other times I can be reached at Mulberry Court Apartments, located at 154 W. Jack Allen Road at 229-424-9788
1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments - Family Housing - Limited Rental Assistance is Available for Qualified Applicants
Apartments are equipped with the following amenities: * Refrigerator * Stove * Central heat & a/c
* Washer/Dryer hookups * Mini-blinds * Outside storage rooms
ACCESSIBLE UNITS, TDD RELAY # 1-800-255-0056, REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
“This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer” INCOME LIMIT RESTRICTIONS APPLY
HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHERS ACCEPTED. "This institution is an equal
opportunity provider and employer. If you wish to file a Civil Rights
program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program
Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at
http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA
office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a
letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send
your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department
of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence
Avenue., S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or
email at email@example.com."7/15
• Welcome To Mulberry Court Apartments, 154 W Jack Allen Rd, Fitzgerald, Ga 31750, Phone: (229) 424-9788
Rebecca Spires, Site Manager, For Maintenance Emergencies: Call Boyd Management at (803) 788-3800
Housing for older persons requiring that all members of the household be
age 18 or older with the tenant or cotenant age 55 or older.
Applications Accepted At The Site Office Tuesday and Thursday, 8
1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments
Elderly Housing for Households Consisting of One Member Age 55 And Other Members 18 and Older
Accessible Units, Certain Income Restrictions May Apply, TDD RELAY #1-800-255-0056
Housing Choice Vouchers Accepted
"The Fair Housing Act prohibits
discrimination in real estate related transactions, or in the terms of
conditional of such a transaction, race, color, religion, sex,
disability, familial status, or national origin. The Federal agency that
is responsible for enforcing this law is the U.S. Department of Housing
and Urban Development. If a person believes that they have been
in violation of this law, they should contact the U.S. Department of
Housing and Urban Development, Washington, DC 20410 or call (800)
• DaLan Trucking, Inc.
2 year CDL experience needed. Late Model Equipment. Paid Vacation. Holiday Pay. Located in Fitzgerald.
Come by 200 Ocilla Highway (above Enviro-Log) or Call 423-45467/29
• Life Care Center is seeking LPNs for all shifts (We have 8 hour shifts) with lots of TLC for our growing skilled nursing long term care facility. Qualified applicants must apply in person with @ 176 Lincoln Avenue. EOEtfn
• PruittHealth -Fitzgerald, 185 Bowen’s Mill Hwy., Fitzgerald, GA 31750 Hiring CNAs for day and night shift.
Apply in person, no calls. Drug screen and background check required for employment – done on site. EOETFN
• PruittHealth -Fitzgerald, 185 Bowen’s Mill Hwy., Fitzgerald, GA 31750 Hiring RNs for day and night shift.
Apply in person, no calls. Drug screen and background check required for employment – done on site.EOETFN
• Life Care Center is seeking CNAs for all shifts (We have 8 hour shifts) with lots of TLC for our growing skilled nursing long term care facility. Qualified applicants must apply in person with @ 176 Lincoln Avenue. EOETFN
• HOME FOR SALE - 3 BR 2 BA brick home on 2+ acres Lynn Dr. Completely
renovated Master Bath. Freshly painted interior. Hardwood floors,
plantation shutters and crown molding throughout. $148,000. 478-290-1774 9/30
• FOR RENT - Affordable 2- & 3-BR Apartments Income Based/Section 8 Accepted - Colony Square Apartments, 808 N. Merrimac Drive, Fitzgerald 423-2647 or 457-1314, Office Hours: Monday-Friday
10 a.m.-4 p.m., Nita Sumner - Residental Manager, "The USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
To file a complaint of Discrimination write: USDA Director, Office of Civil Rights Room 326-W Whiten Building
1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5694 (TDD & voice)
In accordance with Federal Law and US Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)2/4
• NOW LEASING - MEADOW RUN APARTMENTS
• Energy Efficient • Handicap Units Available
• Appliances included • Central Heat/Air
• Washer/Dryer Connections • Income Restrictions Apply
Applications are available at our office or you can call (229) 423-9660
Apartment is for 62 years of age or older, handicap regardless of age.
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer."
"If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. , Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org."
197 Perry House Road, Fitzgerald, GA. 317502/4
• Beautiful Like New Home - Only $65,000 – 503 E. Alapaha St, Fitzgerald. 3 full bedrooms, 2 baths,
1242 sq. ft., Built in 2002, 0.44 acres. For Details and Pictures www.farmhandrealty.com9/30
• Beautifully landscaped 3-BR, 2.5 bath, bonus room, L/R w/fireplace with gas logs, formal D/R, sun room, eat-in kitchen, walk-in laundry room, covered patio w/adjoining open deck, fenced back yard, alarm system, in ground sprinkler system, new roof, new central H/AC, all appliances. 116 Camelot Ct., Fitzgerald. 229-423-0033 9/30
Pride Lift Chair Good condition. Asking $200. Call (229)831-2895 between 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
For Sale: Wooden doors $10.00 per door. Real nice.