The Herald-Leader Classifieds Online are updated daily.
To place an ad, please click here
All online classifieds will also appear in our print edition every Wednesday.
• Facility Setup Position
The Fitzgerald - Ben Hill D.L.S. will be
Accepting applications for a Facility Setup Person.
Deadline for applications is February 22, 2017
High school diploma or equivalent. Must have a valid driver's license and clean background check. The objective of this position is for the individual to clean and set up the rental facilities which includes moving/lifting tables and chairs as well as sweeping and mopping. Routinely inspects facilities. Perform a variety of maintenance/minor repair activities on the interior/exterior areas of the properties. Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment. Schedule and perform preventive maintenance programs as assigned by management. May perform additional maintenance duties as assigned.
Applicants can acquire and return applications or submit resume to:
Department of Leisure Service
ATTN: Facility Setup
816 North Main Street
The City of Fitzgerald is an equal Opportunity Employer2/22
• 1 year experience
• Will travel out of state regularly
Please submit resumes to Labor Finders of Fitzgerald
202 Ocilla Hwy, Fitzgerald GA 317502/29
• DRIVERS WANTED NOW!
NO CDL REQUIRED
Must be 21+ Pass Drug/BG
Valid DL, clean MVR
• The Fitzgerald Fire Department
will be taking applications for the position of Firefighter
Applications can be picked up at the fire department at 315 East Pine St.
Deadline for picking up applications will be February 20th. Applicants must have a valid Georgia driver's license, a high school diploma or GED. Applicants must also have a clean criminal record. Deadline for returning applications will be February 28th.
Contact Chief Dobbins or the captain on duty to pick up applications.2/22
• City of Fitzgerald
Clerk of Municipal Court
The City of Fitzgerald is accepting applications for the position of Municipal Court Clerk. This is a highly responsible job that manages the City's Court system. Applications can be picked up at City Hall or the Police Department.
Qualified applicants must possess:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Driver's License
• Two years of experience and/or training that includes court procedures, legal office work, basic bookkeeping, record management, or related field
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise, direct and evaluate staff;
• Coordinate work assignments;
• Coordinates collection, receipt, and refunds of payments of fees, fines, bonds, or other fees services;
• Process various court-related documentation;
• Enters citations, tickets and other information into department database;
• Creates and manages court calendar, schedule arraignments, hearings, continuances, and trials;
• Records dispositions of cases, including transfers;
• Maintain department file system;
• Maintain department file system;
• Operates Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) database to retrieve/update criminal and motor vehicle/
license records; and
• TAC (Terminal Agency Coordinator) for GCIC, overseeing training and records management.
Application Deadline will be February 24, 2017.2/22
• Palemon Gaskins Nursing Home
Come join us! We are an excellent workplace, strong benefits program, and are seeking a dedicated,
Compassionate CNA for our evening shift. Please apply in person at:
Irwin County Hospital Annex
602 N Irwin Avenue Suite C, Ocilla, Ga. 31774
• Must have knowledge in Excel and be able to build Excel spreadsheets
• Accounts payable/receivables;
• Prepare and process documents for shipping and receiving
Please submit resumes to
Labor Finders of Fitzgerald
202 Ocilla Hwy, Fitzgerald GA 317502/22
• Modern Dispersions South is seeking a full time Accounts Payable Clerk
This position is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payment of all invoices. This individual will coordinate with internal and external departments to verify accuracy of invoice information. This position will process payments, maintain files and generate reports.
Position requires high school diploma or equivalent. College finance or accounting courses desired.
Proficiency in a variety of standard office computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
Ability to learn accounting software applications is required. Valid driver’s license required.
Position is Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Competitive benefits available.
Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDSI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.3/1
Join the Team - Fitzgerald High School Head Football Coach
Overview: The Head Varsity Football Coach provides the necessary leadership to plan, organize, and be responsible for a competitive and comprehensive football program that supports the mission and vision of the school district.
• Must hold or be able to attain a valid teaching certificate from Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
• Experience as a successful classroom teacher and coach is required. Head coaching experience preferred. Must have successfully coached the sport at the high school or collegiate level within the last four years. Head varsity football coaching is highly desirable.
• Models and holds high expectations for scholarship, discipline, character, and talent of athletes.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with students, parents, booster organizations and other community groups.
Terms of Employment: Negotiable
Salary: Based on state scale depending on certification or educational level and experience plus extended year and competitive local responsibility supplement.
Application Requirements: Submit a "Certified" electronic Application via the Ben Hill County School District website www.ben-hill.k12.ga.us Human Resources
Application Deadline: February 17, 2017 or until position is filled
The Ben Hill County Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Ben Hill County School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.2/22
• Assistant Airport Director Position
The City of Fitzgerald will be accepting applications for an Assistant Airport Director.
Deadline for applications: February 24th, 2017
Minimum Qualifications: Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia’s driver’s license. High School diploma or equivalent and must have knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to give and accept directions. Must be able to work as a team member and build team work. A bachelor degree in Aviation Management, Business Management, or a related field preferred and three (3) years of experience in the supervision and management of an airport or business.
An application packet may be obtained from the City of Fitzgerald City Hall, located at 302 East Central Avenue, Fitzgerald, Georgia 31750. Applications with all the necessary documents must be returned by the February 24th, 2017 deadline to:
City of Fitzgerald
ATTN: Deputy Administrator/K. Young
302 East Central Avenue
For further information, please contact Kathy Young at (229) 426-5060
The City of Fitzgerald is an equal Opportunity Employer2/22
• CDL Operators Wanted
Ben Hill County is looking for experienced drivers to operate a front-load garbage truck. Applicants must have a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and be able to climb up and down a 12-foot ladder to maintain and clean the truck.
There is a full-time position open; which involves a 40-hour work-week with duties 5-days per week.
This position includes Ben Hill County benefits.
A part-time position is also open; which involves less than 30-hours per week; as needed; and does not include benefits.
Applications should be made to the Human Resources Manager, Ben Hill County Office, 402-A East Pine Street, Fitzgerald, GA 31750 before February 22, 2017.
For questions, contact Ben Hill County Road Superintendent at (229) 426-5170.2/15
• $179,500 - Completely Renovated Home Hardwood floor and ceramic tile throughout. Granite countertops in kitchen, laundry, and bathrooms. Home is 2085 sq ft with additional large, climate controlled utility building. Fenced in backyard.
1202 W Roanoke Dr Extension Fitzgerald.
For more information call 229-425-230912/7
• DaLan Trucking, Inc. DRIVERS Needed
2 year CDL experience needed.
Late Model Equipment.
Average Annual Income - $40,000.00.
Paid Vacation. Holiday Pay.
Located in Fitzgerald.
200 Ocilla Highway (above Enviro-Log) or Call 423-4546tfn
• PruittHealth - Fitzgerald, 185 Bowen’s Mill Hwy., Fitzgerald, GA 31750
Hiring LPNs, 7 p - 7a
$1,000 sign on bonus.
Apply in person, no calls.
Drug screen and background check required for employment – done on site. EOEt
• HOUSE FOR SALE
223 Lobingier Ave., Fitzgerald
Selling Price: $225,000
2,159 sq. ft. living area, 3-BR,
3-bath, 10 acres, large garden area, deep well w/sprinkler system,
60+ pecan trees and barn w/sheds. Contact 229-423-24339/
• Tender Care - "Caring Makes a Difference"
Personal Care Assistants and Certified Nursing Assistants
Free CPR and First Aid Training. We Offer Excellent Pay and Paid
Vacation Days. Tender Care Inc. is an EEO and Drug Free Work Place. Must
Have Clear Background Check and MVR.
Please apply online at www.tendercare-inc.com or in person at 501 West Ward Street, Douglas, GA 800-375-51858/3
• Washington Avenue Apartments, 183 Washington Ave.•423-7608
MOVE IN SPECIAL
1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments For Lease
Designed to house families & disabled households as well as single people
First Month's Rent $99.00 mo. See Manager for complete details. $1 Security Deposit. All Units Equipped With: • Total Electric
• Central Heat & Air
• Mini Blinds
• Pest Control
• Garbage PIckup On Site
• 2 Bedroom Apartment have Washer & Dryer Hookups
A central laundry facility is located on site for convenience to the residents.
Applications located outside the office. Pick up one today.
Office Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 2-6 p.m.
This institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider • Jennifer Thomas, Site Managertfn
• LAND FOR SALE, 65 Acres located 5 miles north of Fitzgerald, GA on Hwy. 129, borders Otter Creek and has frontage on Hwy. 129N. All in planted pines ranging from 12 to 38 years old. Excellent deer, turkey and hog hunting. Asking $3,200 per acre. Call 229-457-2743.10/2
• 2013 Gator 49cc Scooter, $700. Call 229-423-9361. 10/7
• Lots and acreage for sale call 229-345-1244. 10/7
• Gold's Gym treadmill with incline. $250. Call 229-457-5926. 10/7
• Building and lot for sale at 315 East Central Ave. Property is approximately 120ftx120ft. Currently rented. Appraised for $75K. Accepting offers. Call John Boney, 904-662-2424 9/23
• HOME FOR SALE
3 bedroom, 2100 sq ft, living room, den, dining room, storage bldg in back, c/h/a $67,000. Call 423-9932.9/3
• Welcome to McKinley Lane Apartments, 283 Irwinville Highway, Fitzgerald, Georgia 31750
For additional information call (229) 423-3319, Rebecca Spires, Site Manager
For maintenance emergencies: Call Boyd Management at (803) 788-3800
Applications accepted at the site office Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30pm
All other times I can be reached at Mulberry Court Apartments, located at 154 W. Jack Allen Road at 229-424-9788
1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments - Family Housing - Limited Rental Assistance is Available for Qualified Applicants
Apartments are equipped with the following amenities: * Refrigerator * Stove * Central heat & a/c
* Washer/Dryer hookups * Mini-blinds * Outside storage rooms
ACCESSIBLE UNITS, TDD RELAY # 1-800-255-0056, REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
“This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer” INCOME LIMIT RESTRICTIONS APPLY
HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHERS ACCEPTED. "This institution is an equal
opportunity provider and employer. If you wish to file a Civil Rights
program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program
Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at
http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA
office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a
letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send
your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department
of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence
Avenue., S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or
email at email@example.com."7/15
• Welcome To Mulberry Court Apartments, 154 W Jack Allen Rd, Fitzgerald, Ga 31750, Phone: (229) 424-9788
Rebecca Spires, Site Manager, For Maintenance Emergencies: Call Boyd Management at (803) 788-3800
Housing for older persons requiring that all members of the household be
age 18 or older with the tenant or cotenant age 55 or older.
Applications Accepted At The Site Office Tuesday and Thursday, 8
1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments
Elderly Housing for Households Consisting of One Member Age 55 And Other Members 18 and Older
Accessible Units, Certain Income Restrictions May Apply, TDD RELAY #1-800-255-0056
Housing Choice Vouchers Accepted
"The Fair Housing Act prohibits
discrimination in real estate related transactions, or in the terms of
conditional of such a transaction, race, color, religion, sex,
disability, familial status, or national origin. The Federal agency that
is responsible for enforcing this law is the U.S. Department of Housing
and Urban Development. If a person believes that they have been
in violation of this law, they should contact the U.S. Department of
Housing and Urban Development, Washington, DC 20410 or call (800)
• HOME FOR SALE - 3 BR 2 BA brick home on 2+ acres Lynn Dr. Completely
renovated Master Bath. Freshly painted interior. Hardwood floors,
plantation shutters and crown molding throughout. $148,000. 478-290-1774 9/30
• FOR RENT - Affordable 2- & 3-BR Apartments Income Based/Section 8 Accepted - Colony Square Apartments, 808 N. Merrimac Drive, Fitzgerald 423-2647 or 457-1314, Office Hours: Monday-Friday
10 a.m.-4 p.m., Nita Sumner - Residental Manager, "The USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
To file a complaint of Discrimination write: USDA Director, Office of Civil Rights Room 326-W Whiten Building
1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5694 (TDD & voice)
In accordance with Federal Law and US Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)2/4
• NOW LEASING - MEADOW RUN APARTMENTS
• Energy Efficient • Handicap Units Available
• Appliances included • Central Heat/Air
• Washer/Dryer Connections • Income Restrictions Apply
Applications are available at our office or you can call (229) 423-9660
Apartment is for 62 years of age or older, handicap regardless of age.
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer."
"If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. , Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org."
197 Perry House Road, Fitzgerald, GA. 317502/4
• Beautiful Like New Home - Only $65,000 – 503 E. Alapaha St, Fitzgerald. 3 full bedrooms, 2 baths,
1242 sq. ft., Built in 2002, 0.44 acres. For Details and Pictures www.farmhandrealty.com9/30
• Beautifully landscaped 3-BR, 2.5 bath, bonus room, L/R w/fireplace with gas logs, formal D/R, sun room, eat-in kitchen, walk-in laundry room, covered patio w/adjoining open deck, fenced back yard, alarm system, in ground sprinkler system, new roof, new central H/AC, all appliances. 116 Camelot Ct., Fitzgerald. 229-423-0033 9/30
Pride Lift Chair Good condition. Asking $200. Call (229)831-2895 between 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
For Sale: Wooden doors $10.00 per door. Real nice.